Thursday, November 11, 2010

NaNo Prologue

Prologue
My face was burning; whatever they had me against was coarse and uncomfortable. I heard faint voices, but I could not make out the words or who they belonged to. I tried to move and sit up, but my wrists were tied to my ankles. I tried to look around and see where I was, but everything was black. I closed my eyes for a second and opened them back up, hoping that I could get used to the dark, but the dark that was around me was not normal darkness. I rubbed my head on my shoulder hoping to find a blindfold around my eyes, but there was nothing there.
My breathing quickened, I had no clue where I was, or what I had been doing last. I felt my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest. I was afraid for the first time in a long time. I did not like no knowing where I was.
I tried to make some sort of noise to see if there was someone with me, but all that I could muster was a small squeak. I was sure that no one would be able to hear me, if there even was someone near me.
“Lena, is that you?” This voice sounded very familiar and sounded a lot closer than the other voices I was hearing. I let out another squeak and nodded my head just in case this person could see, but could not hear me.
“Lena, oh thank God you are okay, I thought they killed you. Is everything okay? Is there anything wrong with you?”
I tried to make the words I wanted to say come out, but the only sounds that were coming out of my mouth were grunts and squeaks.
“Here, drink some of this,” I felt a cold cup hit my lips, and then an equally cold liquid slid down my throat, “There you go, now try talking again.”
The words got stuck in my throat for a minute, but I was soon able to speak, “I-I can’t see. I know there isn’t anything on my face, but I can’t see anything.”
“Shit, this is not good.” Blake was cut off mid-sentence by a voice that was not at all familiar to me and sounded slightly accented.
“Well well well, it looks like the both of you are now awake,” I heard footsteps coming closer to me, and then I heard a noise that sounded like old knees when they bend, “Would you mind telling me why you are here or should I just call in the guards to do away with you. After all, we do not tolerate spies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment